Today, my mother left me a list of pointless things to do...as if I don't have enough with packing and this packet of stuff for my CELTA class. Okay, I know I might screw around tirelessly on the internet sometimes but the last few days I have actually been productive. Anyway, one of those things on that list was a request to rake the leaves. My sister and I always said that raking the leaves is the most bullshit task ever invented. It is Autumn, they are just going to keep falling, there is no point! I guess if you are retired, and you have nothing to do, and you want some sunshine and exercise, okay sure that sounds about right. However, if you are like me and have a million things to do, TELL ME, what the F is the point? That is one reason I hate the suburbs. All the stupid household work that people seem to think they need to do. I would just love to have a cute apartment and hang some flowers off of the balcony. I love balconies if you haven't noticed. You can spy on the people on the street, you can sit outside gazing at the stars in the middle of the night, you can have a little herb garden or furniture depending on how big it is, balconies are the best. Anyway, I just think that would be enough for me, I mean I could always go to the park if I wanted to roam around some grass.
Of course, I see my neighbor, she's a cute, little old woman from Italy and she was also raking her leaves at the same time. She asks me why I am not in Spain and I tell her that I broke up with my fiance and I am going to move to Chicago and figure out my life because I didn't know if I wanted to get married.
Neighbor: Ohhhhh....you mean that good-looking German guy?
Me: Yeah...
Neighbor: Ohhh...he was such a nice boy, and so attractive.
Me: Um... yeah, he was. I just-
Neighbor: But I guess if you don't know for sure, it is better to wait....but he was so good for you.
Me: Well.....
(Awkward silence)
Neighbor: But it is better to wait than to get married and then get divorced.
Me: Yeah...that's what I was thinking....I'm going to get going now...these leaves won't rake themselves....(awkwardly picking up the rake and smiling too widely)
Neighbor: Okay dear, I hope things work out for you.
Me too little, old Italian lady. Me too. THANKS FOR MAKING ME FEEL SHITTY ABOUT MY DECISION.
So not only do all my little old neighbors know about my love life, they apparently have an opinion. There are some that I kind of consider grandparents that I have been avoiding because they loved Julian and I'm sure if I go over there, it will only be more of the same. Meh.....
I can't wait to go back to living in a big city where the only thing your neighbors know about you is what the outside of your apartment door looks like. Well, I can't say that, I have so many funny apartment-neighbor stories but that I shall save for a different blog entry.
Back to my list of pointless BS.....remind me to post the picture of my pumpkin later!
No comments:
Post a Comment