Wednesday, October 10, 2012

I might need Ritalin.

I have no idea why I'm up so early.

I was up late last night watching the bad kind of bad reality TV.

Blah...those Jersey Shore kids are so boring this year (told you it was the bad kind). I mean really, what are they going to do after this show ends? They are all washed up, they had their 15 minutes of fame and now they are in the 14th minute and time is ticking fast. It is kind of like how I used to occasionally run into Justin Jeffery from 98 degrees when I would be partying downtown, he would somehow be able to talk to a lot of girls, but it was really just to ask about Nick Lachey.

I'm excited for this weekend, I'm going to get an early Christmas present from the mother (well half of the money for it anyway) and then I'm going to the racetrack with some friends. I haven't been there in years, hopefully I will win some much needed dinero. Ever since watching Secretariat, I thought, hey how hard can it be to read some stats and bet on a horse? I can do that.

LIST OF STUFF I MUST ACCOMPLISH:

  • EXERCISE--very important, definitely been slacking on this one lately.
  • Finish Celta stuff
  • Go to the Bank
  • Grocery Shopping
  • Return DVD
  • Cook
  • Buy my megabus ticket
  • Schedule a haircut
  • Schedule an oil change
  • Help my mom put stuff on craigslist
I honestly don't know where the time goes. One minute I'm working on all the stuff I need to do then next minute I'm hanging out with my neighbor or looking at pictures of basset hounds online. Sometimes I wonder if I have ADD.


I was recommended this book by a friend and I can't wait to read it.


Looks right up my alley, looks like exactly what I wish I had written actually. Oh and my operation write a novel in two weeks (as if I was Jack Kerouac) has not yet begun. Mostly because I have had stuff to do and haven't exactly had a clear day to start. Okay enough excuses, I need to start.
The woman who told me about the book is awesome. I used to babysit for her and I just adore her little family. Her two kids are adorable, hilarious, and super sweet. Her and her husband and so nice and I never felt so appreciated by someone I worked for, even if it was just babysitting. I used to think of her as just one of the cool moms from my old school but now she really has become a friend. She had a lot of good advice to give me about Julian, we drank wine, ate pizza, and I broke my strict eating plan by gorging on apple pie with apple pie ice cream-worth it by the way. They are the kind of people I would like to be friends with for life.


Sooo.....I hope I win big at the racetrack because I just realized that even though my super awesome friend has offered to let me live at her place rent-free, there are a lot of things I didn't take into account, like um, a bed? I guess I have to get an air mattress or something, right? Totally didn't think about that until now, oops. Also I need to get a monthly L pass so I can sit cramped next to moody hipsters or urinating homeless guys everyday to get to my class. Oh and a good pair of boots because chances are it will snow in November at some point. Ahh, Chicago what a dichotomy of good and evil you are. You are probably saying right now...um why are you going to the racetrack then? I know, good point. I'm only going to bet $10 though! I promise.

Alejandro has been MIA the past few days. Sometimes I get irritated because I'm used to being lavished with attention and then I remember, oh yeah some people actually work. Ha. Speaking of his work, I've noticed, from the times we've talked, that he is really good at creatively changing the subject when he doesn't want to discuss something. He is in public relations, he must be really good at his job because I have to constantly be on my toes.

Wow, I am feeling the 5 hours of sleep now. Gosh, how do people get anything done when they work from home? I mean you are there, your bed is there...sooooo tempting... oh and it is now raining...mmm...bed...NO, coffee time!!

I need to put on some loud music and get to work. A little loud, cheesy, and slightly outdated reggaeton music ought to do the trick. Also, remind me to write an entire blog entry on stuff you can expect from a reggaeton video and also stuff you can expect from a German rap video...oh, I can go on and on.











No comments:

Post a Comment