Saturday, October 20, 2012

Cabin Fever

I don't think I have been this bored since...oh wait...last week!
I HAVE MAJOR CABIN FEVER!!!!!!!!
I wanted to go on a mini-road trip to visit my sister as I mentioned and instead, this morning I woke up with a nice little fever and am now confined to my house...AGAIN. A girl like me needs social interaction! I think solitary confinement would totally work on me if I was being tortured to give up government secrets. Hell, I would give them up for free if I had any...by the way...FREE Bradley Manning! I probably just got blacklisted for writing that. This is not a political blog but it could very well be turned into one if I got started...better not...
I used to be much more neurotic than I am now, after reading a few books about living in the moment and freeing your mind, I started to mellow myself out..that is why, even though it is election time, I am restraining myself. I used to get into political arguments all the time with people around election time and then I realized that this country is actually only run by corporations anyway and the presidents are just pawns in this giant, life-sized chess game.

ANYWAY....

It is not exactly a party living at home when you are 27 years old, lemme tell ya.

The possibility of not getting into the class in Chicago has crossed my mind. So...I've been thinking I might actually have to get a....don't hold your breath too long....job. I have been looking around, as a plan B kind of thing, and there isn't much. But I do have a little bit of money, (the money for the class) which could enable me to move back to Chicago and become a functioning adult. Hmm...is that what I want though? I feel like if I actually got a job worth having, I would have to stay for a little while in one place and if you guys know anything about me so far, it is that I'm not very good at  that. Also, there is that nagging, inner cupid in me telling me to fly down to Mexico and throw myself into another torrid, worldly romance with none other than Senor FG. The title of this blog never seems to evade me. Is it insane to expect that somehow I will be able to predict the future by seeing him again for one weekend? Probably...but then again, when have I ever been the type to do things in a conventional fashion? Mmm never.
There is also a third part of my brain, the escapist part of me, that is saying, just run away from everything and go teach English in Asia or move to Hawaii and work on some kind of migrant farm. The escapist part of me is like the little devil in the cartoons, sitting on my shoulder, telling me to jump.
The future is, for the fist time, basically wide open. I may not have much money, but I have a little, and I have the will, which is much more powerful than money.

Another important decision...what to be for Halloween. One of the best Halloween memories was in 2006 when my lovely girls and I went to the Congress theatre in Chicago. They have a huge Halloween party there every year and so I'm thinking of going there and therefore I must have a costume. Yes, I am one of those girls who dresses like a slut on Halloween like Jenna Marbles and I'm really fucking okay with that. It is only one night a year. Girls that get bitchy about that...I don't get you! I don't care what you wear, so why should you care what I wear? I mean, you are the one all bundled up and we are the ones freezing our asses off, I mean if anything you can pity us but don't pull that "OMG I'm so morally superior to you because I'm wearing a hoodie," bullshit.

Okay, I am obviously really bored.

I need something to do.

I need to workout but I still feel terrible. I could make something to eat and watch a movie....or I could work on my novel...or I could look for jobs....

I will probably end up writing another blog post so if you are as bored as me you are in luck.



No comments:

Post a Comment