HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!!!!!
Today is my favorite day of the year. Anyone who claims they don't enjoy Halloween is either lying or they just don't enjoy fun. It isn't just some sadistic, weirdo holiday. It has a long history like any holiday and it also has a present-day meaning. Halloween actually originated in Ireland, did you know that? Nope? Now you do. The Celts did do some ritual involving the slaughter of their (allegedly) possessed livestock and dressing up in costumes to avoid being inhabited by the evil spirits. As if the evil spirits were that dumb. Whatever. Anyway, now it does not have anything to do with that. Today, it is a celebration of costumes, candy, scary movies, apple cider, haunted houses, and more :)
Last night, my friends and I went to a haunted house in the suburbs which was one of the best haunted houses I have ever been to. Here in the midwest we love haunted houses because since we have nothing to do and lots of space, we go all out. Unfortunately I couldn't enjoy it as much as I wanted to because one of the guys who was trying to scare me, dressed as a zombie doctor, sneezed in my face. It took me a while to realize that it was a spray bottle and not actually mucus. I kept thinking about it as we walked through the mazes of dead clowns, zombies, creepy doctors, and more. I was much braver than I normally am, probably because I couldn't get the sneeze out of my head.
I kept thinking...you can't get sick now...Alejandro is coming in 1.5 days...and you have no health insurance...and you can't miss any days of that class! Was that a real sneeze? It was right in my face, gross what if it got in my mouth? Ugh. Oh hi man with a chainsaw following me, ew am I going to get sick? Then, it was over. Isn't that truly a metaphor for life? We get a chance to experience something great-life-and we waste it by complaining about stupid, trivial things and suddenly we realize, it is over.
Anyway, today I need to come up with a fantastic way to scare my roommie. Any ideas? She will be working until 8 so when she comes home it will be nice and dark. (Muahaha)
So...tomorrow is a very big day. Tomorrow is Nov. 1st and normally it would be the worst day of the year for me because it means another 364 days until Halloween. However, this is not the case because tomorrow Alejandro arrives in Chicago. The last few months of wondering if we met for a reason and all the talking and flirting and now there will be no computer screen between us, it doesn't get more real than that. AH! Tomorrow I will write again but since he will be here for the weekend, I will probably not update until Sunday. So you all will just have to wonder and wonder and wonder how things are going until then. Isn't the anticipation already killing you? Now you know how I feel!
And now for...THE MONSTER MASH!
No comments:
Post a Comment