Saturday, October 6, 2012

Hallowiener-schnitzel


I'm feeling more positive today, about everything. Sometimes I read back on my posts and think...Am I really that hormonal?  Today I am more mellow.

Alejandro read my last post and was perturbed at my suggestion that he was an "asshole," which for the record I never said but that was how he took it, maybe he's more sensitive than I give him credit for. He claimed that he had only backed off to give me more space to decide about Julian (which I suppose is what I asked of him) but still, I can't help but wonder if his 'backing off' is a signal of something else. Maybe I'm wrong about that, but it is enough to make me want to back off a little as well.

It is strange being back. It is very chilly here now and all the leaves are changing colors. There are pumpkins on everyone's porches and spooky decorations galore.  I bought apple cider today, which I will make with oranges and nutmeg and all spice and cinnamon. Yum! :) I also bought a pumpkin carver and will make one hell of a jack-o-lantern! When I was in Germany, I carved one that looked pretty good for a kitchen knife, and I named it...get ready....Hallowiener-schnitzel! Amazing. I know.



Last night I went to sleep at like 8:30. Jetlag is a bitch. I woke up early and went to pilates because I realized that I gained 6 pounds in Spain thanks to Julian's lax diet of pasta, cheese, ice cream, and alcohol. That might not sound like a lot of weight but when you are only 5'2, it shows. How he doesn't gain weight is beyond me.
Julian and I have no spoken since I came back. He sent me an email to see if I got home okay but that was it, I wonder what he's up to in that city of beautiful vampires. I miss him. I miss how much fun I used to have with him.


I saw my friend today and it was amazingly good to see her, I am so lucky to have true, true friends. The only thing that sucks is that they are all so spread out, they don't hang out in one group, they are all over the city, the country, the world really. If it weren't for technology I would not have this much support in my life.

I am counting down until I move back to Chicago. I really love it there even though the weather leaves much to be desired. People always ask me where I feel the most at home, I guess Chicago would have to be it, I don't know why, I just get that city. It is moody like me, disagreeable even at times, yet it can be blissful and artistic. The only thing that is a shame is that many of my friends have moved away from Chicago and there are only a handful left, but they are best anyway so it doesn't matter.

My friend and I are going to use the time that I'm here wisely, we are re-watching season 4 of True Blood. Here's a lil' sexy, trubie music sample:


No comments:

Post a Comment