The first time I met Julian, like I said, there was not some crazy, fiery spark between us. He didn't even remember me the next day! I found him attractive, but very strange, mostly because he was so formal and methodical in the way that he spoke. He was a little gruff, but also polite. He has big, beautiful, green eyes. His entire face is very symmetrical, and back then he had very short blonde hair and his skin was slightly tanned from summer. He was also on the muscular side. I had never really interacted much with Germans before him, so of course I was drawn to the masculinity he exuded.
The first time Julian and I kissed was a little funny. We were at a The Green Mill in Chicago, a jazz club and former hangout of Al Capone, and it was the kind of night where I knew I looked good and I knew that I was getting googly eyes left and right.
One of the Germans was returning to Germany and it was his going away party. I had seen Julian earlier at the supermarket and he had invited me and my friends to go.
When I saw him, he looked good, but he was rather shy. I wanted to dance, because I love to dance. I love, love, love, love to dance. I love when a guy knows how to dance and can twirl me around like I weigh nothing, there is something to dancing, something passionate, fun, and free, especially when you are dancing with someone you are attracted to, it can be the most intense form of foreplay.
I went to the bathroom and my friend leaned into him and said;
"Are you going to ask her to dance?"
"I don't dance," he said eyes cast downward.
"Just try!" She said persuasively.
I came out of the bathroom and stood near him. After a while:
"Do you want to dance?"
"Yes," I said, eyes shining.
"I don't really know how to dance."
"It's okay, it's easy, it is a slow song." I said patiently.
We danced to somewhere over the rainbow, and then we sat and drank wine at a booth.
I got the feeling that he wasn't listening to me completely because he interrupted me mid-sentence to say:
"I have the feeling that I want to kiss you right now."
"So do it," I said gazing at him through my eyelashes.
The problem was that I was a little tipsy from the wine, and I did not want to get sick in his mouth, so I kept my eyes open to avoid that potential hiccup...
"In Germany, we usually kiss with our eyes closed."
"We do that here too," I said without explanation.
No comments:
Post a Comment