Wednesday, December 19, 2012

The Job Hunt

I got the job in Tulum.

However, I do not know if I'm going to accept it.

Before you all start throwing cyber stones at me, hear me out. The main problem is the pay. It just doesn't seem like it would be enough to live off of given that the area is so coveted. I mean, I guess I could live off of it but I would be scraping by and I'm at the point in my life where I don't want to scrape by anymore. I want to actually move forward. Also, it is preschool. As much as I love little kids, I want to practice what I've been doing with the CELTA and work with adults. The other major thing is...no health insurance. Ugh. It sucks, because I would LOVE to live there. It is beautiful, it is warm, it is tropical, okay now I'm just depressing myself. I think I will have to put that dream on hold until the money is more in place. Wow, am I feeling okay? That is uncharacteristically responsible of me.

I think there are more possibilities on the horizon, it has only been one week that I've been looking and I already got a job. That is a record for me! I'm trying to be more confident when it comes to jobs. Now I know why they call it a job hunt, now that I have something employers actually want, I feel more powerful, like a lion. I'm a lion and the jobs are the gazelles and I'm not going to settle for the weakest gazelle even though it might be right in front of me! I want the big, fat, juicy one that is a mile ahead :)

No comments:

Post a Comment