I just had a guy friend, drunk-profess his love to me...and he's married...with a child. Hello. Just because I broke up with my fiance doesn't mean you can just do that! It doesn't mean I'm on the rebound nor does it mean I'm looking to have an affair which seemed to be what he was trying to get at. He even offered to pay for me to go there and see him. I'm not some kind of fantasy for you to try to attain while simeltaneously maintaing your marriage! You can't just throw all this at me drunk via facebook chat! I can't even say too much about this because I think some of you actually know him. He is a decent looking, interesting guy and his wife is dry as toast.
I get it. You are bored. But you have a fucking kid. Think about that.
I couldn't believe some of the things he was saying. Okay I will admit, I did have a crush on him (like every other girl who worked with us) but he was always married so of course I never even thought about considering it! We eventually became friends and I really enjoyed that friendship.
I kept reminding him of his martial status and eventually I just said maybe you should think about whether or not you are happy with her. I felt weird for saying that because I should not be giving him advice on whether or not to leave his wife! He went on to tell me that he has been unhappy with her for a while and he has a lot of decisions to make.
Uhhh. SHOCK.
When I told him about Alejandro that seemed to finally close that door. I told him I was in a new relationship and I could almost hear the gasp through the computer screen. He felt sort of stupid after that and said he hoped I was happy and he apologized and said he didn't want this to affect our friendship but he had been dying to tell me for years and was always too scared. I am already anticipating the kind of apology message I will get in the morning. This sucks for multiple reasons.
1. I really do love our friendship, even though we were not always living in the same place we had been writing messages and meeting when we could for years, discussing all the things that were going on in our lives, discussing politics, he would teach me a few things in his language, stuff like that.
2. I feel like our friendship is kind of tainted now and if I am ever around him again I don't know how I can just pretend that he didn't say all those things.
3. I mentioned part of it to Alejandro and I'm pretty sure he is going to be pretty jealous now and if I tell him his name he is going to be monitoring my Facebook like a hawk...an adorable, blue eyed hawk! :) He's so freaking cute. See? He shouldn't even care because in my mind there is no one but him.
OMG why can't I do my work? In the past 24 hours I've gotten drunk and witnessed a crazy fight, had lunch with a friend, watched mean girls while drinking wine, and had this insane confession thrown at me instead of doing the shit I actually need to get done. Ok, now...I NEED to get this done. I'm not going to sleep until 2:30 that is my deadline to get at least ONE thing done. AH!!
No comments:
Post a Comment