Friday, January 17, 2014

What happened with Alejandro (April)

Where.to.begin.

It is best to give you a month by month timeline. 

April:
I got to Mexico City in one piece and low and behold, there he was, on the phone. He kissed me on the cheek and kept talking. I stood there awkwardly waiting for him to finish and finally we made our way back to Puebla. It was not the magical moment I anticipated. Reuniting with him seemed fine, we were talking like normal, having fun. We had an intense night together and pretty much from then on we continued seeing each other about three days a week. I met his mother within the first few days and he seemed uncomfortable with that. She was adorable. I continue to be friends with her to this day...even if does not stay in my life, I would like to stay friends with her. 

Wedding #1 (The Glitzy Lebanese Wedding)
We went to a wedding at the end of April in Mexico City that was unlike anything I have ever been to. He was required to wear a tuxedo and I had to borrow a long dress from his mother that had to be adjusted. It was definitely the most glamorous event I have ever been to in my life. The couple was part Lebanese. Apparently all the Lebanese decendents here are loaded or something. He was awkward, shifty, because his boss was not paying attention to him. Finally he let loose and we danced and danced for the remainder of the night. The reception was equivalent to a Las Vegas show. I sat there for a moment and watched. Was I really here?

We eventually made our way back to the hotel and Alejandro began making comments about Julian. I stormed off in the nice dress in a fit of rage down a Mexican city street... super smart...I know. Where was the hotel? I found it and made my way inside what I thought was the elevator. It was the freight elevator. I rode up and down a few times and found myself in the parking garage. I couldn't figure out how to get back. I wasn't that drunk. This is embarrassing. Eventually the doors opened and there he was. I wanted to laugh at my stupid error but he looked pissed.

We went to the room.

I cried in the bathroom. He watched TV.

Jerkoff. I hate him. This is over as soon as my contract ends... I thought as I dried my eyes.

ALEJANDRO: I have issues. I haven't been in a relationship for 8 years, you have to be patient with me.

ME: OKAY... (really in my head I just thought well this is obviously going nowhere...might as well live for the moment)






No comments:

Post a Comment